How to treat back pain
The back pain is the pain which occurs in the lower back. It may be accompanied by referred pain or radiating pain in the territory of distribution of a nerve (sciatica), usually L5 and S1. The natural history of low back pain is acute, generally autorresolutiva. The goal of treatment is to provide initial comfort while the patient tries to keep as active as possible.
- Prolonged rest can lead to atrophy of the paraspinal muscles, chronic disability and difficulties in the rating.Bed rest for two to seven days is worse than doing or return to daily activity.
- Patients are recommended to stay active as possible and continue with normal activities.
- We suggest increasing physical activity progressively in the days or weeks following the episode.
- Low-impact exercises like walking, swimming, stationary bike, from the second week to avoid the harmful effects of inactivity.
- From 4 weeks are possible flexibility and strengthening exercises for the muscles of the trunk.This type of exercise can reduce the frequency and severity of recurrences. Never start the year in the stages of grief.
- You should avoid exercise or stress that can cause a relapse in the box and learn techniques for lifting and sit.
- A pharmacological level there is a large therapeutic range consists of 4 groups of drugs: analgesics, NSAIDs, muscle relaxants and antidepressants.
- Within painkillers, ibuprofen, paracetamol, diclofenac and acetylsalicylic acid are the most used and studied.The use of opioid analgesics for cases of severe pain reserves.
- NSAIDs have analgesic at low doses and anti-inflammatory properties at higher doses being beneficial inacute low back pain by its rapid onset of action, the most used naproxen, paroxysm.
- Muscle relaxants as mono therapy is not recommended.Its main indication constitutes the pain associated with muscle spasm palpable examination associated with analgesics or anti-inflammatory and should be discontinued once resolved it.
- On the use of tricycles antidepressants are indicated in cases ofchronic low back pain or not associated with depression. The analgesic effect is dose earlier and lower than the effect on depression.
- To read more articles likehow to treat low back pain , we recommend you enter our category Back and neck pain.
- Check if the pain persists for more than six weeks, if you have a fever, night pain there.
- Spell out your doctor pain characteristics and form of appearance.
http://prohealthblog.com/treat-back-pain.htmlBack Painback pain