5 simple food habits that can help you lose extra weight
Weight control is all about making small changes that you can live with forever. As you incorporate these minor adjustments into your lifestyle, you’ll begin to see how they can add up to big calorie savings and eventually weight loss. Food is a major trigger of weight gain. In this blog I am going to describe the five simple food habits that can help you lose extra weight.
- Eat Breakfast
This one common characteristic is nearly universal in statistical studies of people who have achieved and maintained a large weight loss. Eighty percent of those who have been able to maintain a weight loss of at least 30 pounds for at least a year report that they always eat breakfast. Research has consistently shown that the people who successfully lose weight are the ones that wake up and eat! Furthermore, people who eat breakfast regularly have better vitamin and mineral status and eat fewer calories from fat. Experts agree that the majority of people who struggle with overeating are those who under eat during the first part of the day, specifically those who skip breakfast. So it seems that breakfast really is the most important meal of the day!
Why does eating breakfast help people lose and ultimately maintain a healthier weight? One theory suggests that eating a healthy breakfast reduces hunger throughout the rest of the day, therefore decreasing the likelihood of overeating and making poor food choices at lunch.
- Eat Slowly
Get out of the habit of eating fast. Some people eat really fast. Once we’ve started eating, there are two reasons we stop—either we’re satisfied or we’ve run out of food. To achieve that satisfied sensation, several physiological reactions must take place. For example, hormones need to travel from the gut to the brain, providing feedback on how the eating process is coming along.Stretch receptors in the stomach must indicate that it’s nearing capacity. However,food takes a little time to reach the stomach, and the stretch receptors can be slow to react; eat too fast and the all-full signal could come too late to prevent you from overeating.
- Maintain a proper timing:
The concept of three square meals a day is not always conducive to successful weight loss. Eating between six and eight smaller meals may actually help you lose weight and keep it off. Your body adapts to the conditions you provide, and if you feed it sporadically, it may store fat and slow your metabolism, assuming food is scarce. Likewise, if it assumes food is plentiful, it can release saved energy that you have stored as fat, according to the Family Education website. Eating small, frequent meals is easy to do.
3.1 You can do it by following simple 6 steps,
- Eat a small meal shortly after waking up. This helps stop the fast your body has been on as you slept. Include proteins such as eggs, lean meat or yogurt, and multi grain toast or fruit. Drink water to re-hydrate yourself after sleeping.
- Eat meal number two sometime in the mid-morning. Refrain from using the word “snack,” which can have negative meanings. Meal two should consist of nuts, fruit, yogurt or you could make a smoothie with the protein powder and frozen fruit.
- Eat lunch near midday. A sandwich with lean meats, lettuce, tomato and cheese on multi grain bread with some nuts or a piece of fruit will suffice. Remember the meals must remain small. You should not double the amount of food, just the frequency of meals.
- Eat your fourth meal at about 3 o’clock. This is typically the time when blood sugar plummets, and people reach for sugary snacks. Choose nuts, seeds, fruit or raw vegetables to maintain the stable blood sugar you have created throughout the day.
- Eat a small dinner in the early evening, consistent with the portion sizes you have eaten all day. Lean meats, salad, rice or whole wheat pasta is good choices. Any extra leftovers can be used for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Finish your eating day around 7 or 8 o’clock to help keep blood sugar levels stable overnight. Choose an evening snack with a good amount of fiber so it can break down slowly as you sleep.
4.Only eat in your eating chair
Designate one chair at your kitchen table as the only place you will eat, and force yourself to only eat from there while at home, whether it’s meals or snacks. That means no food in front of the television, or while reading in the den, or in your bedroom. We’re not sure when the entire house may became an eating zone, but by restricting yourself to one eating spot, you will greatly reduce mindless noshing. If you eat in front of the television you will gain extra weight.
- Have a bowl of clear soup or a vegetable-rich salad at every lunch and dinner
Research reveals that eating water-rich foods such as zucchini, tomatoes, and cucumbers during meals reduces your overall calorie consumption. Other water-rich foods include soups and salads. You won’t get the same benefits by just drinking your water. This is because the body processes hunger and thirst through different mechanisms. It simply doesn’t register a sense of fullness with water or soda, tea, coffee, or juice.
So these are the most useful food habits you can follow to get over your extra weight. By changing your food habits you can achieve you goal very easily.Most importantly dedication is the most crucial thing and we need to keep it in mind all the time.
In addition, I am going to share a dietary drink recipe with you to help in your weight loose process. Try it at home and feel the magic.
1/2 gallon water
6 wedges pink grapefruit
1 tangerine, mandarin, or small orange, sliced ½ Cucumber, sliced
2 peppermint or mint leaves
First Wash grapefruit, tangerine, cucumber and mint leaves. Then Slice cucumber, grapefruit, and tangerine or peel them. Combine all ingredients in a half gallon pitcher. Allow the ingredients to sit for 2 hours for maximum benefits.
Stir and Drink throughout the day.
Ana Cluff the author of this article wrote about the clinical helps for the obesity problem. She says there is many clinics who give pill based help to the obese people. She also focuses on the clinics gives the obesity treatment by pills or therapy. First DP Clinics was the main focus and that’s the point she puts her emphasize on.http://prohealthblog.com/food-habits-that-can-help-you-lose-extra-weight.htmlHealthy Food