In this article we explain with the help of Mark Iafrate, creative director of TIGI Italy, step by step how to make a soft bun that we saw on the catwalk by Gianfranco Ferre autumn winter 2012 2013
Soft bun. As if you had danced all night.
‘The inspiration for this hairstyle created for the parade of Gianfranco Ferre is a girl who has done her own hair, which we played. It is deliberately a bit ‘messy. As if she did her hair and then put on a hat or helmet to go on a motorbike. Once you remove the hat or helmet you have experienced this effect, ‘says Marco Iafrate. A little ‘, we add, as if she had danced all night …
Play with different textures. The effect dry / wet
‘But the most important part of this hairstyle is that we played with different textures. We have a combined effect of ‘dry’ (dry) to effect a ‘wet’ (wet). One can say that this is the key to the hairstyles that we see in this fashion week ‘explains Marco Iafrate.
The use of hair products
In order to obtain contrasts between different textures in one hairstyle takes various products. In the backstage of Gianfranco Ferre’s hair stylist have used four hair products (all of the line
– TIGI Catwalk / Session Series):
– Salt Spray
– Transforming Dry Shampoo
– True Wax
– Finishing Spray
How to … The hairstyle step by step
Here are the steps to follow to achieve this hairstyle
1. Wash your hair, dry with a towel and applied Salt Spray, a product for hair that makes them more dry and rough and even easier to manage.
2. Now dry your hair with the fohn
3. Bring your hair back and applied near the roots, a little ‘Dry Shampoo (which is a kind of powder). So you get an effect ‘dusty’. If the Salt Spray gives the hair a certain ‘friction’, the Dry Shampoo counterbalances this effect.
4. Secure hair in a tail low.
5. To give volume to the bun, cotonate the tail with your hands, pushing his head (see photos)
6. Then turn the corner on itself and create a soft bun.
7. Secure the bun with bobby pins.
8. Soften the look by gently pulling the hair over the head thereby giving them a little ‘more volume. Pull a few strands from outside bun (think disheveled effect as a hat or helmet, as noted above).
9. You can put a little ‘wax along the hairline (forehead and temples) to an even more experienced
10. Eventually all the hair spray, especially near the roots, with the Finishing Hairspray, which adds a slightly wet which contrasts with the effect of dust created by Salt Spray and Dry Shampoo.
These are the steps followed by hair stylist backstage at Gianfranco Ferre. Marco Iafrate we also suggest a faster way to create this hairstyle. Applied Salt Spray on damp hair, tie it in a tail down and do a soft bun. Wait until the hair is dry. Pull out a few strands, apply Dry Shampoo at the roots and completed the look with Finishing Spray.
PS On one of the photos you will see a hairdresser who cuts the hair of a model. This is not the model’s hair but the extension which had been applied earlier in the parade. To speed things up by the hair stylist Ferret have simply shortened the extension, and left the rest … with the effect that the buns were still fuller.